Monday, September 22, 2008

Ain't he cute, that Joe dude?


I saw in a recent news item that Joe Blow was trying to cement his rep as a regular guy by feigning good ol'boy anger about the thought of losing his favorite clay-bird guns.

One of rural Democrats’ biggest fears about Obama? That he’ll come after the Second Amendment. Not so, said Biden — and he’d better not try.

“I guarantee you, Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey,” Biden said angrily. “They’re going to start peddling that to you.”

“I got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”

Biden has said he doesn’t hunt, but shoots skeet with his two firearms. “I like that little over and under, you know? I’m not bad with it,” he said today.

Gracious me. He even used "ain't"! Now ain't that quaint? Reminds me of Hillary downing shooters with the underclass in some grubby bar she probably couldn't wash off her hands quickly enough after leaving. Does this sort of personal abasement really fool anyone except the perpetrators thereof?

I call this sort of tactic "shifting the center of discourse" and in this case it involves a prolonged and carefully modulated process of turning the 2A into a document that deals with hunting and skeet shooting. It's pretty slick really. Without his Brown Shirts backing him up Adolf might have used much the same ploy.

Conveniently unmentioned is the unmistakable historical fact that the Founding Fathers created the 2A and gave it such prominence in order to protect the Republic from opportunistic tyrants. They didn't even exempt themselves from those that needed watching. Where does that leave our good ol' boy Joe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the same Joe Biden who has been bragging about being the original author of the "Omnibus Crime Bill" that banned standard capacity mags and semi-auto versions of military rifles, is it not?

Here's another "ruralism" he can use. "Don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining."