Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mercutio nailed it


While I made my dinner tonight I listened to the Biden speech from Ft. Myers on XM radio. He's a helluva performer. I hesitate to call him an orator, since that implies reason and true, classical  eloquence. He's a brilliant rabble rouser, and from the sounds of the crowd he had just the right rabble to work with. It reminded me of those old films of the Nuremburg rallies. But, to be fair, the McCain rallies aren't much different.

I'm sick of the yelling and the pseudo-frenzied crowds, the lies from the podium, the plausible scenarios of what will happen "after I am elected."

I can't help but think of Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet"A plague o' both your houses! They have made worms' meat of me..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sentiments as well.