Friday, December 25, 2009

A Happy Christmas to All



Sorry. I was fresh out of partridge and there isn't a pear tree within miles. I hope you will settle for a grouse in a cedar tree.

Yesterday, about noon I noticed a large flock of sharptails out by the front fence. I counted twenty before I lost count. They seemed to disappear for a while and then I discovered they were having a caucus in the front dog pen and some were even up in the cedar tree right by the front deck. They occasionally drop by for the cedar berries, which they apparently like very much.

I will confess that I was slightly tempted to pot one or two but decided against it. I have plenty of food and there was no need to interfere with their Christmas Eve conclave, as much as I do love a grilled grouse.

Emma could barely conceal her disappointment.

4 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. The Best to you in this New Year.

Anonymous said...

May you have a prosperous New Year.

Thank you for you writing and photo's I have followed and enjoyed them for the past year.

Noel

Anonymous said...

Must have been a real White Christmas out your way. I'll bet nobody came around and bothered you!

Jan said...

Rio..I just love your blog!

I always come over from Hermit's place, but I never comment.

The picture at the top would look great on a Christmas card!

I hope you have a wonderful, happy, New Year!