Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Exercising the Franchise

My polling place is about forty miles south of my place. I got there at just after four. There were three poll workers manning the tables and that was it. No other voters. We use paper ballots and soft lead pencils. It was a long, two-sided ballot and took me a while. When I finished I was still the only voter in the place.

Now it's all over but the shouting. And there's sure to be some weeping and wailing from somebody.

May the Great Spirit hold us in his hands for the next four years, whoever wins this entertainment lottery.

Tu gosh i na, o shi mi na yo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that the advertising campaign is over, and folks have bought the snake oil, I pray it doesn't take too long before folks wake bolt upright.

Mesmerism is a dangerous scheme.

May we be ever diligent to pray for the office of the president, for the presence of honor in the White House, and for public servants to serve truth and justice.

Anonymous said...

I think we'll have damned good reason before long to do some wailing. His Obamaness is digging Clintons old head pimp, Ramm Emanuel out of the weeds to be his chief of staff. What does that tell you about the next four years.

Rio Arriba said...

Rahm Emanuel is the zombie hit-man of the agenda-driven left wing of the Dem party. A very bad sign, but at least CofS would get him out of the legislative halls.

We have two years to break the back of the Dem majority. With their track record that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

Shame on all those (69%) Republicans who didn't bother to vote!

Anonymous said...

We will survive. With Gods help.

Mrs. K's Lemonade Stand said...

I'm new to your blog, bur would love to know what "Tu gosh i na, o shi mi na yo." means?

Rio Arriba said...

Hello, Mrs. K, and welcome.

Thanks for asking. I was surprised no one had before.

It's Lakota for, roughly, "Great Spirit, have compassion for me."

We could all use a little of that.

mike's spot said...

yea google left me with no information on it either. I thought it was an eastern language.

Here's to hoping we're all paranoid and overreacting. Cause we'll all be crying if we were right.

Mrs. K's Lemonade Stand said...

Ah, thank you! A good saying indeed.