This is Emma. She is a six-year-old German Shorthaired Pointer. I rely on her a lot for her general savvy and her excellent senses.
Emma has several distinctive barks or vocalizations. Some of them are--
1. Critter! (as for the deer)
3. Truck in our place!
4. Truck out on the road!
5. Wanna go look!
6. Come with! We'll look together!
7. Gimme sump! (b'fast, supper, water, cookie, etc.)
8. Why were you gone so long?!
9. Get away, Maggie, you little bitch! (very, very seldom used)
10. There's a mouse in here! Help me find!
11. Let's play!
Emma has grown and matured a lot since last year at this time, when we lost Murphy who was the Boss. (I might write about that sometime, but not now.) It takes GSPs quite a while to settle into being 'human.' Emma is just coming into her own.