Friday, May 20, 2011

Coming home

As I made my way along on my 460-mile "collection route" to gather up my pups after my three-week sojourn in Ireland I found myself in weather that out-Irished the Ould Sod! Low, clinging clouds, temps in the mid-40s (F), intermittent showers from "soft" to violent. Had I been asleep with someone else driving and they woke me to tell me we were in the wilds of deepest Connemara I would have believed them for a few seconds. The illusion was shattered however when passing thru a hamlet with a tall, be-Stetsoned figure complete with spurred tall-boys, chaps, and a friendly wave.

It's good to be home. Good to be back with the dawgz again. It's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Rio! Hope you'll write about how the dogs took to your return. ;)