Monday, February 28, 2011

Jack at nine months

In two weeks Jack will be nine months old.

I figure he's about 99% done growing, and if not he sure should be. He's 25" now and when I weighed him a couple of weeks ago he went 69 pounds. That's too heavy for a Shorthair pup and is actually above standard for a grown male. He is doing much better now that he's off the puppy chow and on a semi-diet. I have always been totally against overweight dogs and this just sort of slipped up on me. Not that he was fat, but his body type is not like Emma's at all. Anyway, that's all straightened out now and he looks better every day.

Overall I really like the way he is turning out. I also like his temperament, his field behavior, and his overall character. I have felt from the first day I met him that he was going to become a very special dog and I haven't changed my mind.

1 comment:

Kansas Scout said...

Wow, he is a big one. I ran into one like that in Hays ks a few years ago. He looks really good now. Full chest, just great overall build.