Thursday, June 13, 2013

Birthday Boy

Today is Jack's birthday. He's three.

I was hesitant about adding a third dog, but considering Emma's age it was the right time to bring him on. Today, I am glad I didn't listen my Sensible Self and went ahead and brought him into the family. He has been a blessing from the first day.

I've never had a dog -- and I've had quite a few -- that matured so quickly or bonded with me so completely. He's one of those so-called Once-in-a-Lifetime dogs that I have been fortunate enough to have had more than one of. His even temperament, sweetness, intelligence, passion for work, and good sense of humor has endeared him to everyone who has come to know him.

So here's to you, buddy. Happy birthday and many, many happy returns!

5 comments:

Home on the Range said...

He's a fine looking boy. Hard to believe 3 years have gone by.

Happy Birthday Jack!

Rio Arriba said...

Thanks, B. Yep, time flies for sure. And the older you get the faster it flies! 'Tain't fair.

Crotalus said...

Many, MANY happy returns, I hope, for it's hell to put down a pet as loyal as a dog.

Kansas Scout said...

Well, that's really a blessing. Hard to believe it's been 3 years!

Anonymous said...

Belatedly Happy Birthday, Jack! How lucky you both are.

And Hello from California, I haven't fallen off the Earth! :) Will write soon.

Purple Magpie